Applications are due Thursday, July 19, 2018, at 8 pm E.D.T.
This program was previously known as the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery or “TIGER Discretionary Grants,” program, and is now known as the Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development or “BUILD Transportation Discretionary Grants,‘ program.
- The FYI 2018 Appropriations Act appropriated $1.5 billion to be awarded by DOT for the BUILD Transportation program.
- The maximum grant award is $25 million, and no more than $150 million can be awarded to a single State.
- Find out if you are eligible for BUILD funds here.
- ESI can help you with the Benefit-Costs Analysis (BCA). The costs and benefits associated with the projects should be included in the application narrative.
- Applications must be submitted to Grants.gov. Instructions for submitting applications can be found here along with specific information for the forms and attachments required for submission.
- An application may describe a project that contains more than one component and may describe components that may be carried out by parties other than the applicant.
- Read more about NOFO here.
- A pre-application is not required to be submitted prior to submitting a final application. DOT will be capturing much of the information previously collected there through the “BUILD 2018 Project Information” form available here.
- For 2018 BUILD Transportation Discretionary Grants, USDOT is offering a series of special topic webinars. Read more here.
- Register with Grants.gov NOW! The process usually takes 2-4 weeks to complete and that the ‘Department will not consider late applications that are the result of failure to register or comply with grants.gov applicant requirements in a timely manner.’
- Once an entity is awarded federal funds, SAM.gov registration is required. It takes up to two weeks to register with SAM, then 1 business day for updates made in SAM to be reflected in Grants.gov.
How ESI Can Help
ESI can help with your benefit-cost analyses and BUILD application in the following ways:
- Full preparation of your application package
- Preparation of full benefit-cost analyses
- NOFO compliance review
- Third-party review and analysis of applications prior to submission
Read more about our expertise here:
Recent Client Applications
ESI has prepared numerous BUILD (formerly TIGER) applications for a variety of clients, including the following:
- Bronx River Greenway in New York City, NY ($10 million awarded)
- Center City Philadelphia Dilworth Plaza, PA ($15 million awarded)
- SEPTA CSX Separation Project in West Trenton, NJ ($10 million awarded)
- Waterbury Naugatuck River Greenway Phase 1, CT ($10 million awarded)