Delivering Smarter Surveys
Unlike our competitors that take a more journalistic survey approach, at ESI ThoughtLab our PhD economists ensure the quantitative rigor and analytical acuity of our survey work. Specifically, our statisticians:
- Build statistically valid samples to enable projectable results and deeper segmentation analysis specific to companies, government organizations, consumers, and investors. Gather secondary data to support and enrich our survey analysis.
- Draw on an unparalleled worldwide research panel of executives across industries and management functions; government agencies at the national, regional and local level; and consumers/investors with varying demographic, income, and psychographic profiles.
- Validate the survey tool and results by applying quality testing and statistical techniques. To improve response rates and quality, we translate the survey into local languages. Our survey tool is includes an online reporting facility that allows our team and clients to track results in real time.
- Rely on computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) to guarantee more targeted, higher quality responses and greater sample controls by monitoring the actual respondents and their organizations.
- Develop diagnostic survey tools that enable deeper segmentation and analysis of data for spotting correlations, generating more specific performance data, building digital maturity frameworks, and facilitating forecasting and model development.
- Analyze survey results and other pertinent secondary data using advanced statistical methods, such as regression, cluster, variance, correlation, and factor analysis.
- Transform data output into customer-facing analytical tools, including benchmarking tools, performance impact models, and interactive databases and data visualizations.
This level of quantitative excellence requires a systematic and rigorous survey approach. After the survey is in the field for several weeks, our specialists analyze the interim results with the project team. This allows us to interpret early findings, develop segmentations and correlations, and review the emerging storyline and its alignment with our hypothesis. Once the survey is fully fielded, we prepare full cross tabulations of the data, which can automatically be turned into data visualizations through Tableau and other software packages.