ESI ThoughtLab worked with KPMG to analyze how exponential changes in technology and customer behaviors will transform the consumer products and retail industries. Our research showed that consumer companies will morph into omni-businesses using smart technologies to drive hyper-customer-centricity and end-to-end integration.
Our Research Methods
- Global survey of 400 C-level executives across all consumer market sectors, plus a survey of 7,100 consumers.
- Correlations of survey results by omnichannel and digital maturity, industry, size, revenue, profitability.
- Interviews with C-level executives from Campbell Soup, Hershey, Pick n Pay, Kingfisher, and others.
- Brainstorming sessions and interviews with a range of KPMG practice leaders and subject matter experts.
- Distinctive hypothesis developed from interviews with partners and secondary research.
- Interactive database of all survey results with Tableau-generated visualizations.
- Thought-provoking 30-page white paper including expert interviews and calls to action.
- Infographics and case studies, which highlighted best practices and trends.