Econsult Solutions Inc. provides businesses and public policy makers with advice in real estate, transportation, economic development and public policy. We help clients evaluate economic and fiscal outcomes of programs and developments, offer city and regional planning insight and advice, provide GIS analytic services, yield financial projections and advise investors and governments on projects, developments and policy outcomes and have the economic skills and expertise to process, analyze and manage large and complex datasets.
Current Econsult Solutions Job Openings
- Conduct econometric and statistical analyses of economic, financial and demographic data
- Create and manipulate spreadsheets for economic and fiscal modeling
- Draft and edit reports and prepare materials for presentations
- Conduct technical research on economic and fiscal issues
- Conduct spatial analyses of data and produce maps and other visuals (helpful)
- Contribute to the intellectual and analytical direction of work engagements
- When assigned, work closely with Principals and Directors to supervise Analyst work
- Interface directly with clients in presentations, status meetings, and working conversations
- Competence in spreadsheet modeling, cost/benefit analysis, and regression analysis
- Basic working knowledge of STATA and SAS
- Competence in working with large datasets
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Competence in Geographic Information Systems (e.g. ArcView GIS) and in spatial analysis techniques (helpful)
- Ability to thrive in collaborative, project-oriented setting with small groups of professionals, and as needed to complete tasks with little supervision or guidance
- Ability to manage people and processes towards a working solution within a given timeframe
- Strong writing skills
- BA/BS in any of the following majors: Economics, other Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics
- Technical and policy research experience
- Familiarity with how local and regional economies function
- Full-time position with paid vacation and sick days
- Competitive base salary, plus opportunity for performance-based bonuses
- Generous benefits package, including health insurance, profit-sharing, and 401(k)
Benefits of Employment
- Team-oriented and intellectually stimulating work culture
- Exposure to and participation in important economic and policy issues at the local, regional, and national level
- Opportunity to learn from the experience and expertise of the firm’s principals, all of whom have direct affiliations at local academic institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, and Temple University
- Opportunity for advancement within the firm
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in a wide range of topics and industries and interact with a wide range of clients
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Time commitment: 4-12 hours per week; Thursday-Sunday
- Pay: $15/hr
- Schedule: monthly
As a surveyor, you will work at the Independence Visitors Center (located at 6th and Market Streets) and/or on board the Philly PHLASH® Downtown Loop buses. It is your job to greet visitors throughout the building and/or on board the PHLASH® buses. Using an iPad, you will ask questions about their trip to Philadelphia, how long they are staying, and their origin of travel. The goal of the survey is twofold: 1) to better understand the profile of tourists to Philadelphia and visitors to the Independence Visitor Center / riders of the Philly PHLASH® and 2) to better serve tourists and visitors.
The Independence Visitor Center Corporation (IVCC) is a Pennsylvania non-profit, 501(c)3 organization which operates in cooperation with the efforts of the National Park Service, Visit Philadelphia® , Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau, the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Philly PHLASH® Downtown Loop seasonal transit program is managed by the IVCC. PHLASH® vehicle service is provided by Krapf Group.
- Age 18+
- Previous experience in customer service field (i.e. wait staff, host at restaurant, concierge, cashier, secretarial work, etc.)
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover e-mail to Meg Gruwell of Econsult Solutions, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact her if you have any questions.
Econsult Solutions, Inc. provides businesses and public policy makers with advice in real estate, transportation, economic development and public policy. We help clients evaluate economic and fiscal outcomes of programs and developments, offer city and regional planning insight and advice, provide GIS analytic services, yield financial projections and advise investors and governments on projects, developments and policy outcomes and have the economic skills and expertise to process, analyze and manage large and complex datasets.
Our firm is committed to promoting and supporting education and advancement within the field of economics. Joining us as an intern offers the chance to learn hands-on in a real world setting.
For more information, please email: