Dr. Peter Angelides is President and Principal of Econsult Solutions, Inc. (ESI). Dr. Angelides focuses his work at the intersection of economics and urban development, including real estate, economic development, city planning, transportation, tax policy, valuation, and litigation. He helps clients pursue economic development, gain entitlements, assess feasibility, and prepare grant applications, among other undertakings. He leads ESI’s Real Estate and Litigation practices, and he often presents findings in public venues, such as courtrooms or public hearings. Dr. Angelides’s career has covered several sectors, with the underlying theme of how economic thinking and data analysis leading to improved decision making.
Prior to joining ESI, he practiced economics and planning in the private and public sectors, including:
- Econsult Corporation, Vice President and Director;
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Philadelphia PA, Director;
- Charles River Associates, Washington, DC, Economist;
- Putnam Hayes & Bartlett, Washington, DC, Economist;
- Wallace Roberts and Todd;
- Central Philadelphia Development Corporation;
- Philadelphia City Planning Commission
Dr. Angelides serves as a board member or in other contributing roles for several civic and professional organizations, including:
- Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance;
- Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation;
- Urban Land Institute;
- Racquet Club of Philadelphia
Dr. Angelides teaches courses in the areas of urban economics, public finance, infrastructure investment, benefit cost analysis and other economic and planning topics. He teaches or has taught at the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Minnesota, and Thomas Jefferson University.