As we relax during the dog days of summer, enjoy the three-day weekend with some our favorite recent articles – including things going on in Philadelphia this Labor Day Weekend, recent Present Value posts, and a few other interesting articles that caught our eye–covering topics on cities and opportunity zones. Sit back, relax, and enjoy! Happy Labor Day!
Things to Do This Holiday Weekend
- Complete Guide to Labor Day Weekend in Philadelphia 2019 – VisitPhilly
- Made in America Music Festival – VisitPhilly
- Philly’s best parks to BBQ and picnic – CurbedPhilly
Recent Present Value Posts
- Youth Soccer in America: How Prohibitive Costs are Hurting the Game by Theo Herrin
- How City Government can be More Like Investment Banking by Cori Packard Beasley
- The Exit Interview: Reflection from Summer 2019 Interns by Lindsay Durkalec
- A Snapshot of University City and Future Expectations by Matthew DeCesare
- The Path to a Hyperconnected City by Mike Daly and Lindsay Durkalec
In case you missed it
During the month of August, we featured our work that crosses into the Engineering sector, including the video New Brunswick Innovation Hub for Rutgers Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation with the engineering firm, Pennoni. Land Development Engineers who work in the townships of the Greater Philadelphia Region will want to know The Economic Value of Protected Open Space in Chester County, PA, a report that has been covered in the regional press over the past several weeks, and The Economic Impact of Green City, Clean Waters: The First Five Years, for the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia. Curious to know more about how our services synch-up with Engineering? Check out our Technical Applications.
More Articles of Interest
- The Fastest-Growing U.S. Cities Aren’t What You Think – CityLab
- PA Adding Jobs as Fast as U.S. for a Change, says Wells Fargo – Philadelphia Inquirer
- A Sound Investment: High School Course Teaches Personal Finance to Philly Youth – Grid Magazine
- How Opportunity Zones and Co-Working Spaces Joined Forces – New York Times
- ESI provides a comprehensive suite of advisory services for Opportunity Zone investments. We offer development strategies, investment strategies, communications services, and impact evaluation. Our experts are speaking on multiple panels in the next month. Director Dan Connelly will speak at Suburban West Realtors Association’s Commercial Seminar: Qualified Opportunity Zones-An Overview and Local Perspective, and Director Brittany Forman will speak at Philadelphia Real Estate Council’s meeting on Opportunity Zones: Investment & Effect on September 11th.
Lindsay Durkalec is a Business Development and Marketing Associate at ESI where she supports the Business Development team. In addition to assisting with proposals, Ms. Durkalec is responsible for enhancing ESI’s brand and work through traditional and social media, content development for the web, and managing the ESI blog, Present Value.